Friday, June 10

I should be sleeping

I'm in the throws of multiple wedding edits and after that I have some major marketing leg work that needs to be attended to - for a new photography venture I'm taking on as well as for my other business that I'm trying to formally lift off the ground (now, a decade after the idea was hatched *sigh*) (It's called Make and Take Masterpieces if you were wondering.) Earlier today I was ordering copious amounts of art supplies and studio furniture, closing my school studio/classroom for the summer, and "producing" my now three year old daughter's "Ocean" birthday party. Truth be told, I'm not a happy camper unless I'm working, working, and working. And now when I really and truly should be sleeping because I've got another big day ahead of me tomorrow, I'm still awake, I mean I'm just barely awake and I could probably fall asleep while typing this up but still? I'm fighting it. Because in the midst of my wedding edits I churned out the image you see below. And now I cannot stop sitting here, fighting my fatigue, just to look at it for a little bit longer.


It's certainly not the most ideal or classic or traditional shot from a wedding but I'm not concerned with that. I think it's beautiful. I love the visual texture and the values and the contrasts and the composition and they way it looks like a place that just couldn't really exist - but it does indeed because I was there and I took the picture to prove it!!!

Other photographers might pride themselves on taking good pictures but I'm here to tell you that too many of them have to stop there. A good photographer, a real ARTIST won't take anything - they will CREATE something out of what could otherwise be completely insignificant or even nothing at all.

Know this: when YOU team up with me and I've got my camera in hand. We're going to do more than just get a good shot. We're going to create beauty. And it's going to come in the way of elements of art and design that go far beyond a picture. I promise you that. I absolutely pledge that to you with the highest level of confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...