Sunday, November 28

The Osbornes :: Pennsylvania family portrait photographer

One of my favorite kinds of photography to do is portraits.  I started out doing this kind of photography and every time I return to it, I just like it more.  Doing portraits always makes me feel like I'm giving people very I special gifts to treasure for years and generations to come.

A new trend in portrait photography is called lifestyle portrait photography where people use mostly natural light to illuminate their subjects.  I like the style very much but for as much as I try, I tend more toward a style that is much closer to heirloom, I think.  I feel like it has a more timeless quality to it and though it's more challenging because you don't use natural light and have to understand how to do flash photography, I enjoy it very much.  And it always helps when your customers have beautiful homes that lend themselves to classic settings.

This past weekend I did some portraits for a childhood friend of mine (all the way Pennsylvania!) and her portraits turned out gorgeous.  She is surprising her hard-working husband who (conveniently) was working during her portrait appointment but I think the next portrait session he will get to be in the pictures as well as she is already talking about scheduling another session!









Thank you, Jenny, for opening your home to me and for providing such a beautiful family of subjects for me to   photograph.  Such a blessing to me to be able to spend time with you!  I look forward to our next portrait session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...