Monday, November 28

The new guy in town :: Pittsburgh Baby Photography

I don't believe there is anything quite like a new little baby. This past Thanksgiving allowed for me to take a road trip up north to PA and finally meet my newest nephew. He was born at the beginning of November and despite the fact that his mama says that he is quite a bit bigger than he was when he was born and doesn't feel like a newborn to her anymore, he sure seemed and looked like just about like a newborn to me!


I had a marvelous time doing a quick portrait session for him - his first professional quality one(!) - and my whole family left me to do as I saw fit. I'm not the type of baby photographer who likes doing staged composites of infants suspended in cloth hammocks, swaddled in special blankets, or bedecked in shiny satin bows and I prefer cleaner images that show clearly all of their teeny tiny details.


Some of my favorite images of babies/children are the ones that really allow you to look into their eyes because they are always so bright and curious and full of wonder. It's the type of thing we easily lose as we get older because our lives become too busy to stop and look long enough for someone to be able to look back at us. There's an old adage that the eyes are the windows to the souls and I firmly believe that no matter what our age, that's always the case.


God has not blessed me to have a newborn again just yet but until then I will relish in the opportunities that I get like this one to appreciate the beauty that is a newborn baby. I'm so honored that I was able to capture these first portraits for my nephew and I'm looking forward to more opportunities that I will have to keep documenting the way he grows up to be an upstanding and handsome young gentleman the way I know he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...