Sunday, July 10

Chris + Brandy :: Northern Virginia Maternity Photography

Perhaps it's not fair for me to say this but I'm one of those types who is never afraid to "shake things up" a little so I'm just gonna - I wanna take pictures of Chris and Brandy ALL. THE. TIME! I'm absolutely serious.

I met Chris and Brandy by way of electronic networking. I put some feelers out looking for a photographer to take pictures of me with my daughter - a sort of "mommy & me" session - and Chris and Brandy of Gronde Photography  reached out to me to help make it happen. As it so happened they were looking for a photographer as well because they are (as you will see) expecting their first little blessing and joy.

I just love Chris and Brandy for so many reasons. For one? They are photographers/visual artists like me! They "speak" the language I most love to speak. They also are the type of people who are absolutely what and who they say they are without reservations and they love each other unabashedly. I wish I had actually met them sooner than just weeks ago because I would have loved to have been able to have a stab at their engagement and/or wedding photography! I mean just look at the images below. Their adoration for each other is so visceral and palpable and it only makes photographing them that much more incredible for me as an photographic artist.

But enough of my blathering on, right? Here's just a smattering of the portraits we collaborated and turned out together during one of the most beautiful golden hour sessions EVER...













Thank you, Chris and Brandy, for giving me the honor to capture you at this incredibly momentous time of your life together. You have my number for when the baby arrives and you need someone else to hold the camera (again) since I'm sure you will have your hands plenty full with your sweet bundle of love.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pictures. My dad collected cameras and always had a camera around his neck. There were 8 of us kids and dad was always taking pictures of us. We all have dozens of albums of all the photos he has taken. What wonderful memories photographs give to people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...