Sunday, October 24

Pictures so good you want to eat them

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm easily bribed with delicious food.

The ability to make delicious food is a talent I can't even begin to comprehend. I'm a visual person and trying to wrap my brain around one flavor and how that mixes and merges with other flavors is something I don't even have. And I can't even lie and say that I have a very refined palette either. On any given day, I am just as happy with Lobster Thermidor as I would be with a bowl of the ultimate in faux food dishes - Velveeta Shells and Cheese. But what about food that is just as amazing to look at as it is to taste? What about that?

One of my all-time favorite jobs ever was teaming up with an awesome catering company called My Thyme. They taught me to have a new appreciation for food because they specialize in making some of the best food you might ever taste! Now, the job itself was no "walk in the park" because though you'd think food is lifeless and should therefore be easy to photograph but it's not all that easy. You can't just set up a plate and snap a picture. There's so much more that goes into it! Not only does the food itself need to be "styled" so that you can take it's textures and angles at the most right perspective, you've also got to worry about keeping it fresh looking long after it's been prepared. And then when you finally get it looking so good that you just want to eat it, you can't! Because then you won't be able to take the picture!!


If you ever get the opportunity to try your hand at food photography, don't hesitate to try your hand at it. It's very creatively challenging and (if you're really lucky) you might get to enjoy an all-you-can-eat feast of the things that you were told you could shoot but not eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...